Sunday, November 27, 2011

For When You Want Something A Little Different From Your Signature Scent.


I love Tokyo Milks scents, they are so natural. I hate floral scents, on my skin they become especially sweet and saccharin. I smell like a cheap stripper to be perfectly honest when it comes to sweet scents. I’m a fan of musky spicy smells.
My signature scent is Mademoiselle by Chanel. However I like to change things up once in a while.
“Women are not flowers,” Ms. Chanel once said. “Why should they want to smell like flowers?”
What she sought was something more “mysterious.” A woman, she said, “Should smell like a woman and not like a flower.”
I agree wholeheartedly. Eden uses slightly spicy smelling flowers, that still come off fresh, it’s the bronzed musk that really brings on the smokey smell and adds femininity and ‘mystery’. 
The scent Cannabis by Fresh is a bit heavy, much more spicy and smokey, but still a very natural, feminine smell, it’s a bit flirty, a bit older, defiantly seductive.
 Song in D. Minor is one of my favorites. It’s a bit out of my normal range of scents however it is charming, sweet though not saccharin, and it’s elegant. If the amber had not been added it would have been too citrus like for me. I really love this scent and get many compliments. One of my best friends actually bought the same one however it smells much sweeter on her then on me. 
Skin oils can change the scent of a perfume drastically.This friend I mentioned and I often buy the same perfume, though on her the sweet and citrus elements come through, on me spices and musky, smokey smells become prominent. 
Just wanted to share these wonderful scents that come at a reasonable price, unlike high end brand names such as YSL or Prada. Can be found at Saphora. 

2 comments:

  1. and tokyomilk can be found in some ricky's... AHEM.
    lol
    we gotta find me a scent!
    xx

    http://relisherr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad! At ricky's saphora, and anthropology. Also check local boutiques stores.

    ReplyDelete