Thursday, December 22, 2011

Assholes, Super-rats, Cowboys

There is a fine line between being the girl who gets walked all over and the girl who will stand with you through everything, the girl who won't turn her back no matter how hard you push. I have been struggling with this fine line, and often times I find that I am in limbo of the two. On one hand my patience has proven my love and loyalty, on the other hand it has allowed a certain someone to take advantage of my forgiving nature and stomp on my heart. They say that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Okay I follow the logic, but when is it time to put your foot down? See this asshole in my life is a super asshole sometimes, or 'super-rat'. Sometimes it's as though he hit every branch falling down the asshole tree and fell splat transforming into a pile of shit that only an ass could shit out. I feel bad for him, I pity him and his miserable lonely existence that is at a constant battle with himself, and in between all of this pity and sorrow, I remembered, what about me? Cliches exist for a reason, and that's probably because they are true, but here is another one for you: if you want respect then earn respect and you must respect yourself before you can expect anyone else to. Respect is given to those we either admire, or fear, and sometimes both. It's often true that we admire the ones we love, and hidden in there is a bit of fear. Loving someone makes you vulnerable, gives a little bit of power over you to someone else. It's terrifying. This person could break your heart, ruin your character, of course it's scary, like shit your pants scary. That is why you must wisely chose the one you love. They say we have no control over that, I don't quite believe it. I think we make choices in what we like about people and what we don't like. I for instance like rebels, a bit of a bad boy. This is asking for trouble. The bad boys are either 19 year old pot smoking dead beats or 60 year old pot smoking dead beats, the bad boys in the ages in between are in their moms basement. Like the old country Western goes Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys
'Cause they'll never stay home and they're always alone
Even with someone they love
I think that as women we do have the power to control what traits attract us. Not that I have actually tried this theory. But I'm going to start, because I really am sick of assholes, super rats, and cowboys. Not that I will be walking about with a preped up yuppie as my new piece of arm candy, but I think a change in behavior is due. 
Also, listen to this fucking song, I don't care if you think country is lame, this one speaks to all women, wether he is a cowboy, super-rat or what have you. This is the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment