Monday, September 26, 2011

ups downs and all arounds


Well I am saying goodbye to 23 and hello to 24. I learned a lot from many mistakes, and I have a feeling this will be a more productive year. I mean 24 started off with a plethora of Chanel goodies, amazing dinners, best friends, laughs and partying in moderation. I call this the year of moderation. My friend saw my birthday goodies on one of my birthday dinners and claimed that I had now officially reached woman hood, granted your things should not define who you are but if you are at a maturity to own those things then a certain level of maturity is required in the way you handle yourself...I mean you can't be stumbling home at 4 am decked out in Chanel from some dive bar...at least not on the regular. I will always love my dive bars, I will of course have some nights when I am getting back home at 4am, I'm 20 something, this is the time for those things to happen, however, this party girl is going to be slowly trading in her shot and beer for a glass of wine and getting ready to pass down the crown to another newly 20 something just out of college party animal. I mean I know I'm starting to hit my limits because I'm starting to get tired by 12:30 and wake up with the occasional hangover. Side note: I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN HANG OVERS IN MY LIFE. EVER. That was deff a sign that my body is not what it used to be, and that I really should take better care of myself. This year certainly had its ups and downs. Love had, lost, rehashed, job changes, school, and so very many other things I couldn’t possibly list it all. But I can say that I am one damn lucky gal. In lieu of past recent events I have become even more aware of how lucky I am to have the best friends that I do. Most people can spend their whole lives not even having half of one of the friends that I have, and I get to have so many. I always say that your friends are the family you get to choose, and I got some great selections. Next thing to be grateful for, I have learned to love, all over again, each day I learned to fall in love over and over and over again. That is a beautiful gift. I don't know where things will go with my relationshit but as much as I have bitched about it, there are qualities there that have obviously kept me going back for more. And regardless of what happens I will always be grateful for having learned how to love to such a capacity. I am also grateful that my life is absolutely bat shit, soap opera crazy. Boring is, well, boring. I'm insane, and therefore my life is insane. Most people wouldn’t be able to handle it and I still wonder how I have the courage to get out of bed in the morning because it is a war zone out there, but I do anyway, and I secretly LOVE every minute of it. It's either put on your heels and helmet or get out the way. I have a gut feeling that 24 will be very different; I can feel the slight tingling in my toes that I really am becoming a woman and coming into my own. I will hold my head up high and march on ahead no matter what get's thrown my way, and I'll be damned if I don't do it classy as fuck. It’s do or die baby. Watch out world, I'm on a mission. 
It's been real 23, peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment